lunedì 7 aprile 2008

V.A. Thru’ the Back Door (1980)

American compilation of artists on Back Door, a label formed by The Blitz Brothers, it represented possibly the only chance for the bands included to get to the audience of the Big Country. The selection of bands has very little to do with the orientation of this blog: little Liverpool and little post-punk. As a matter of fact, The Donkeys were a power pop act from Wakefiled (who released five singles during their carreer). Mark Kjeldsen was the founder member of the London based The Sinceros (1978-1981) and The Strutters before going solo. The Tearjerkers where 5 young lads from Northern Ireland who formed a power pop band in 1978 amid the Punk explosion of the late seventies. The Agony Column are a band from Leeds who also play powerful and articulated pop, and released a couple of singles. The only exceptions amid this bunch of rockist pop acts is represented by Dalek I and the label guys themselves, The Blitz Brothers.
The first two Dalek I tracks are the single versions of the songs also featured in the band first album. The Blitz Brothers track is the a-side of the band’s second single, released the same year (b/w Walking All Alone).


Thru' The Back Door (1980)


1. The Donkeys - No Way
2. Dalek I - Dalek I Love You (Destiny)
3. Mark Moesgaard Kjeldsen - Are You Ready
4. Tearjerkers: - Fingers
5. Dalek I - The World
6. The Blitz Brothers - Rose Tattoo
7. The Donkeys - You Jane
8. Tearjerkers- Comic Book Hero
9. Mark Moesgaard Kjeldsen - Something's Happening
10. Dalek I - Freedom Fighters
11. Tearjerkers - Murder Mystery
12. Agony Column - Love in the Head


Thru’ the Back Door (1980)

1 commento:

Signatory ha detto...

Hi, yeah.

I was the bass guitarist with the Tearjerkers. As you say, this was a US release on Mercury and included some of our UK and European singles 'a' sides.

It's quite alarming how much of our old stuff has turned up on the web in recent months.

Thanks for this. It saves me digitising my vinyl copy.

Howard Ingram, in Belfast.