
This gig was recorded on 16 September 1979, when the Teardrop Explodes had just released their first two singles Bouncing Babies (February) and Sleeping Gas (July). It dates back to the period when the band was reduced to a trio (Cope, Finkler and Dwyer) with Dave Balfe filling in on keyboards (after Paul Simpson and later Jed Quinn both left for the Wild Swans). The peculiarity of this gig is that the tracklist include songs written during the period of A Shallow Madness, namely Straight Rain and Read It in Books and a cover of Aretha Franklin’s Save Me.
A nice testimony of the Teardrop’s early live activity.
Live at Eric’s (1979)
- Second Head
- Brave Boys Keep Their Promises
- Sleeping Gas
- Take a Chance
- Ha Ha I'm Drowning
- Read it in Books
- Straight Rain
- Camera Camera
- Went Crazy
- Bouncing Babies
- Save Me
Teardrop at Erics
5 commenti:
Hello! I wanted to say that I regularly peruse dozens and dozens of blogs, but I find yours to be one of the absolute best. I very much appreciate your (obvious) hard work in ferreting out the most obscure nuggets of musical history.
One request: Your BEYOND THE IMPLODE post -- the rapidshare link no longer works (as of 6 April 2008). Would it be possible to fix or reupload? It would be VERY much appreciate.
Thank you!
thanks for the comments. I re-upped Beyond the Implode.
glad to please.
best
mij
An historic set for sure. Pure listening pleasure.
"And it's true... all the things that they tell you."
Thank you for the files for Teardrop Explodes live at Erics in 1979 and it was also great to listen and compared them to the Bunnymen from the same period. The Teardrops were well ahead of the game in terms of technique certainly much tighter than the Bunnymen. I love what your doing here and followed a great deal of these bands in the 80s. Do you have any early live Pale Fountains recordings, would really go for that.
Clem
Dear Mij,
Thank you for posting historic files for the Teardrops live at Erics 1979.
I've always dreamed that such recordings existed, but to actually hear them, wow! I used to support most of these bands that are in your archives. Do you have any early Pale Fountains concert recordings, that is something I would love to hear.
Clem
Posta un commento