venerdì 31 agosto 2012

A Man Called Russell


Gordon Hon (former Dalek I Love You) writes:
‘I have had a cassette knocking around for more than 25 years of music by a man called Russell. It was recorded in his Birkenhead bedroom on a 4 track. I think he had a clerical job in the tax office. That’s all I know about him. I only met him once and I remember him as a nice chap. He gave copies of his tapes to Alan Gill who copied them for me. I have always really liked these songs. They have something of Half Man Half Biscuit’s humour but are musically more inventive. Anyway I have finally copied them & here they are in cyber space almost 30 years later. I wonder what happened to him. I didn’t have titles for the songs; all that was written on the tape was “Russell for Gordon” so I have invented them based on the lyrics or almost arbitrarily for the couple of instrumentals.’


(Thanks to Gordon for making this material available)

Nessun commento: