giovedì 30 dicembre 2010

Dark Heart (1978-80)

In 1978 Killerwatt (Steve Charnock, guitar, Greg McGraw, bass, Phil Rice, guitars, Geoff Stalford, drums, later Flashpoint) added a new vocalist, Keith Blagden. With the arrival of Bagden many more original songs were written, with a significantly different style.

Rice recalls: ‘To save me from prog-rock Hades, my trendy chum, God bless Keith Bladgen, took me to see Joy Division. Crap instruments, but a band with such stark fury and passion that the vision was clear.’

The band recorded some songs at the Wallesey Sound Studio in 1978, among which Observations Made (in the folder). About the song Rice recalls: ‘The weirdy-stark style was Keith`s influence, he later confessed he stole, lyrically, from Sartre...we just thought he was clever!’


dark heart – observation made


(see also http://www.archive.org/details/DarkHeart_68 )

2 commenti:

oesoterika ha detto...

hello!
I really liked the song that you posted, and the one available on the archive link. I was wondering how I should go about getting more of their music, though.
Where could I find any material by this band online?
Thank you!

mij ha detto...

julia,
just visit this blog in the near future! you may also want to contact one of the members of the band, phil rice (philrice60@hotmail.com)
best
mij