Culture Shock (1979)
- Culture Shock- (But) Not mine
- Glasshouse
- Dream on
Troy Tate was added to the line-up (guitar, vocals, former Index, later Teardrop Explodes, Troy Tate Band). This line-up released the band’s second single in February 1980:
.
Shortly after the release of the single Tate was suggested by Bill Drummond to Julian Cope as a replacement for Alan Gill leaving the Teardrop Explodes. This is Cope’s recollection of the audition:
‘Troy Tate was great looking. He was dark haired and a little older than us. When he walked into the rehearsal room, he walked up to me, and said, ‘Hi, baby.’ I like him at once. We made a racket and he clanged his guitar the way I liked, so he was in. Within the week, we were firm friends.’ (Heads On, 107)
‘Troy Tate was great looking. He was dark haired and a little older than us. When he walked into the rehearsal room, he walked up to me, and said, ‘Hi, baby.’ I like him at once. We made a racket and he clanged his guitar the way I liked, so he was in. Within the week, we were firm friends.’ (Heads On, 107)


Nessun commento:
Posta un commento