venerdì 30 gennaio 2009

Walking Seeds - Peel Session (1987)

During the course of the year 1986, things slightly changed for the Walking Seeds: Neesham left the band and his place was taken by former Marshmallow Overcoat Tony Mogan. The close collaboration between the soon-to-disappear Marshmallow Overcoat and the Seeds can be found in the line-up performing the first Walking Seeds Peel Session, which, besides Sutton, Parker, Martin and Mogan, also featured MO’s Lol Geoghegan on percussion.

Peel Session (26 January 1987)
- Huge Living Creature
- Junior Acid Bate
- Mark Chapman
- Blathering Out

Huge Living Creature was taken from the band’s first vinyl release (Known Too Much, see relevant post below), Junior Acid Bate was to remain a genuine unreleased track, whereas Mark Chapman (aka Marque Chapman) and Blathering Out would end up on the either side of the Walking Seeds second single. (The latter, later to be included in the band’s first Lp.)

walking seeds - peel 1987

4 commenti:

gareth ha detto...

I don't have the words to thank you for posting this!!!

ROOKSBY ha detto...

I taped this at the time & played it to DEATH! Their Peel sessions were always slightly better than their records I thought. GREAT band though... IBx

GRK. ha detto...

Muchos grassyarse!

Mark ha detto...

I'm very late in commenting, having downloaded it ages ago, but this Peel session is what got me really into this band. Great Stuff, I still almost remember hovering over the pause button... so as not to catch Peels comments.. what a shame!