
Before the release of their much acclaimed Fiction Tales (June 1981, find the version plus bonus here), in February 1981 Modern Eon released the single:
In August 1981 the band released what would be their last single to date:
Mechanic:
- Mechanic (different from the album version)
- Splash!
In 1981 Modern Eon released a Peel Session, and a BBC FM Broadcast.
The tracklisting for that session is the following:
- Child’s Play
- Choreography
- High Noon
- Playwrite
- Real Hymn
- After the Play
In August 1981 the band released what would be their last single to date:
Mechanic:- Mechanic (different from the album version)
- Splash!
In 1981 Modern Eon released a Peel Session, and a BBC FM Broadcast.
The tracklisting for that session is the following:
- Child’s Play
- Choreography
- High Noon
- Playwrite
- Real Hymn
- After the Play


4 commenti:
This BBC FM Broadcast confuses me, since it is not listed at the following site and does not correspond to the track listing they have for the Royal Court, Liverpool:
http://www.soulsaw.com/modern-eon/gig.htm
Does this mean there is a second BBC Live broadcast out there? Plus the three sessions? Anyone got them?
Sorry, I don't know about any other BBC broadcasts...this one FLOORED me though...I've been a fan of ME since hearing them on a station called WEVO in New Hampshire back in '82 or so...I REALLY appreciate you unearthing these gems...These BBC broadcasts are truly amazing...and I've enjoyed the 45's I've gotten from your links...Thanks a LOT...I'll be checking out a bunch of the other bands like Pink Industry that I'm unfamiliar with...I agree with you, the post-punk era contained some of the most amazing music ever...
qq
First off, thanks so much for the great links - I've been looking to hear Modern Eon for some time and it's been quite difficult to come by, but this is the mother lode. I do want to mention, however, that the image you're using next to the Modern Eon 2 section is clearly the Comsat Angels (who were brilliant in their own right) from around the 7 Day Weekend album. Just an observation.
Thanks Siberian for the observation. Major mistake on my part for not double-checking.
Now I think everytning is in order.
Best
Mij
Posta un commento