domenica 29 agosto 2010

Doof - Exist (1982)

In 1982 Philip Johnson (see relevant post) collaborated with Paul Platypus (Exhibit A, Twelve Cubic Feet) on the project Doof, releasing the 10" mini-LP Exist:

Doof / Exist (1982)

- Treat Me Like (The Man I Am)
- Brighton, Pt.1
- Nine Years Old
- Brighton, Pt.2
- On It In It
- Treat Me Like (The Man I Am)

Abouth his music, in 1985 Johnson says:
‘My music is an uncommon mixture of musical styles – I didn’t deliberately make it that way, I just like different things andit seems natural to me to put them together, but I’ve always been identified with the ‘experimental’ end of things, like most people who release cassettes. I find what I do hard to describe, and I don’t really want to describe it, I want to surprise listeners, and I want to be able to annoy or amuse or excite or move or confuse them, or create several feelings at once’

doof

Nessun commento: